At this point, I’ve got all of the game features implemented that I wanted in place before publishing a prototypical preview of Project Fangorn onto Google App Engine. Fours things remain before publishing the preview:
- Implement robust cross-entity cross-request update mechanism for changes to entities that are not all in the same entity group.
- Improve error handling
- Update to latest GAE SDK.
- Get fileset below 1000, since GAE has a hard limit on that and I believe I’ve exceeded it now (I was quite close before and I’ve a lot of new application files as well as some additional libraries).
#1 will definitely take some doing. The other 3 could all go pretty quick, but last time I updated to a new GAE SDK my app stopped working and it took re-imaging my machine to an image free of any GAE SDK and then re-installing to get it working again.