Monthly Archives: November 2008

Stock analysis software progress VI

It’s been nearly 2 months since my last post on this subject. Since then I believe I gotten all of the bugs banged out of the code that tries out different parameterized metrics for selecting the parameters to feed to … Continue reading

| Tagged | Leave a comment

The AppEngine platform needs more tools

While Google’s App Engine is a platform just as things like Windows, *nix, or Sony’s PlayStations are, it is a new one that is sorely missing numerous tools that are readily available on other platforms. For example your OS has … Continue reading

Posted in Web development | Tagged , , , , | 1 Comment

Space-Based Architecture for AppEngine

Several posts ago I mentioned that I was waiting to see which cloud provider would be up to hosting Project Fangorn first.  In my last two posts (one, two) I talked about some of the issues with testing web apps … Continue reading

Posted in Coding, Web development | Tagged , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Grey box testing web applications deployed to Google App Engine

Last post I stated: Due GAE’s limitations on CPU time/cycles and an overall maximum limit of 10 seconds to fulfill a request a non-trivial set of unit tests will exceed the quotas if they are all run at the same … Continue reading

Posted in Coding, Web development | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Unit testing web applications deployed to Google AppEngine

While the GAE SDK does provide the ability to run your web application locally, I’ve found that that the SDK’s local datastore doesn’t work precisely the same as the real one. Specially I’ve found that the local one is more … Continue reading

Posted in Coding, Web development | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , | 2 Comments